Saturday, May 28, 2011

For Good

This is just a song that I want to share, in memory of Stephane Ngueguim, which we sang this at his memorial service today.


I've heard it said
that people come into our lives
for a reason
Bringing something we must learn
and we are lead to those
who help us most to grow
if we let them and we help them in return
Well i dont know if i believe that's true
But i know i'm who i am today
because i knew you.


Like a comet pulled from orbit as it passes a sun
Like a stream that meets a boulder
halfway through the wood.
Who can say if i've been changed for the better
but, because i knew you
I have been changed for good.

It well may be
that we will never meet again in this lifetime
so let me say before we part
so much of me is made from what i learned from you
You'll be with me
like a hand print on my heart
Now whatever way our stories end
I know you have rewritten mine
by being my friend


Like a ship blown from it's mooring
by a wind off the sea
like a seed dropped by a sky bird
in a distant wood
Who can say if i've been changed for the better?
But because i knew you
because i knew you
I have been changed for good


And just to clear the air i ask forgiveness
for the things i've done you blame me for
But then i guess we know there's blame to share
And none of it seems to matter any more


Like a comet pulled from orbit
(like a ship blown from its mooring)
As it passes a sun
(By a wind off the sea)
Like a stream that meets a boulder
(Like a seed dropped by a bird)
Halfway through the wood
(in a wood)
Who can say if i've been changed for the better?
I do believe i have been changed for the better
And because i knew you
because i knew you
because i knew you,
I have been changed...
for... good.



You made such a big impact on everyone's lives, mine included.
When everyone applauded to celebrate, celebrate that you have lived, and the laughter you brought I could not hold back my tears, and cried out for your name. I knew I won't be able to see your warm smile nor hear your crazy laughs ever again, but, they will be stored in my heart. I can still feel your presence, right beside me, giving me strength in things I do. Stephane, you have no idea how much we love you.
Philippine couldn't make it to the memorial today, forgive her, but she did ask Mona to read out the speech for her. I didn't think I'd cry that much, but I did, especially when Mona started her speech by saying, "This is written from the bottom of my heart."
Oh, and Joelli played 'You raise me up' on the piano, yes, Joelli, the buff guy. :P along with the other dude. I'm sure you heard us. Man.. who would've ever thought him to be such a good piano player and a singer, his beautiful voice captured my heart immediately.. it really did.
Stephane, I hope you are in a better place now. Whenever I miss you, I'll think of this comforting poem.. :


"Do not stand at my grave and weep.
I am not there, I do not sleep.
I am a thousand winds that blow.
I am the diamond glints on snow.
I am sunlight on ripened grain.
I am the gentle autumn's rain.
When you awaken in the morning's hush
I am swift uplifting rush
Of quiet birds in circled flight.
I am the soft stars that shine at night.
Do not stand at my grace and cry.
I am not there. I did not die."


No more pain.. I'll see you later buddy.
Loved you then, Love you still, Always have, & Always will. 
Continue to share that smile of yours with the angels up there. 

1 comment: